CHANGE THE WORLD

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

This Place About to Blow

Hello all! Okay so first things first, I want to point out that just because the title of this blog is a reference to a Ke$ha song, that does not mean that my iPod consists of songs most commonly listened to by a teenage girl. As much as I cannot stand most of Ke$ha's songs, they are so catchy that you can't help but want to dance to them. That isn't to say that I can dance, but I think that dancing is more about enthusiasm than ability. I youtubed (its weird that search engines have become common verbs in our culture i.e. google it) awkward dancing and this is the first video that came up was this. Not quite sure how I feel about it.


Okay so moving forward. This weekend I had the privilege of going to my friend's lake house and it was awesome! The friendships formed and the community was a great way to really kick off summer. After arriving back home tonight, I was relaxing and decided to write a short blob about the weekend. Being away from everything and just being able to spend three days with some fabulous people really made me excited for this summer and the potential that it could hold. How much fun could result in three months? I guess we will have to wait to find out. But the only thing that I do know is that: "This Place About to Blow!"

Well hopefully it's about to blow. Most everyone can relate to at least a tiny sense of fun that arises when you have firework sitting in front of you and your holding the match or lighter, ready to see the display of colors. However, some of us have also known the awful feeling of lighting the firework, waiting in anticipation, then watching as it splutters and dies without any real explosion. I feel like this metaphor can be related to most of our summers right about now. Our summer is the firework, sitting right in front of us, waiting to take off and dazzle in the night sky. However, we ultimately hold the match. Are we going to stand back and keep a potentially unforgettable summer inside? Or are we going to strike the match that makes our summer explode?

On facebook, I stumbled across a wall post that said: What would you do if you knew you only had 24 hours to live? I've heard this before and while it is a good question, I think that one that applies more to this blogpost is:
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW YOU ONLY HAD ONE SUMMER LEFT?

Maybe you could take an epic cross-country bike trip. Maybe you would take up a hobby, or two, or three. Maybe you would get back in contact with that friend you stopped talking to a few years ago. You have an entire summer! Maybe your summer is about to blow open and you dont even realize it yet.

Whatever your summer may contain, be sure to make the most of it!

Signing off,
JD
"This Guy Over Here"

No comments:

Post a Comment